There are several instances wherein 0X80070422 Updates & Installation errors appear and create problems for the computer. One of the most common is when you attempt to install the Server for the Microsoft Exchange 2000. Often, the setup fails and an error message pops up. Further, the error is also triggered when the Windows Update Website or the website for the Microsoft Update is used to install updates. Clicking on the Cancel button when the Setup is in progress and when an X mark is displayed can also trigger the problem. When the computer experiences any error related to this, the following message will appear:
What Causes The 0x80070422 Error?
The main cause of the problem is that the computer loses the ability to process or sometimes even recognize the requested services. In some cases, the computer does not have enough memory or lacks the correct resources to support the applications and processes of 0X80070422 updates. To fix this problem, the computer needs to recover the necessary facilities to support such services.
?Setup failed while installing sub-component Information Store Service with error code 0x80070422 (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again.?
How To Fix The 0x80070422 Error
Step 1 ? Restart The Windows Installer Services
One of the best ways to address the problem is to simply restart the process of the installation services. The following instructions will assist users running Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
- Go to Start and then select Run. Search for Notepad and the select Enter or Ok.
- Refer to Microsoft?s website for the detailed information on what should be typed in notepad.
- After typing the required instructions, go to File and then select Save As, type in Repair.bat.
- Using the Save as type box, select All Files.
- Once again, using the Save in box, go to the Desktop option and then choose Save.
- Go to the File Menu and then select Exit.
- Find the Repair.bat file and then double click on it. This will help start the necessary services.
- The updates should be installed again. If the updates can be installed then the repair.bat file may be deleted.
- Instructions for Vista and Windows Server 2008 may be slightly different. After creating the file and right clicking on it, select ?Run as administrator?. This should help start the required services.
Step 2 ? Clean Out the Registry of Your PC
The registry is also another cause of the 0x80070422 error. You need to initiate one more procedure to make sure that the problem doesn?t persist. You need to make sure that computer?s registry is cleaned. Cleaning the registry will ensure that all problematic files and faulty components get deleted out of the system. However, before proceeding with this method, a registry cleaner application must be downloaded. Choose wisely, and make sure the program you go with comes highly recommended by computer experts, as some registry cleaners are outdated and ineffective.