System Error 5 “Access Is Denied” is an error which occurs when your computer opens ‘NetView’ or ‘Net Time’ commands. This is typical caused by damaged or corrupt account information. The errors you might see will look like the following:
“System Error 5 has occured”
“Access is Denied”
What Causes The System Error 5
There are many reasons why you could receive this error message, the main reason being that the Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC) does not grant permission to local users. The following are common causes of the System Error 5:
- Time Synchronisation problem
- Missing permission to access the remote computer.
- Firewall is blocking necessary permissions
How To Fix The System Error 5
Step 1 – Change The LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy Registry Key
- Open the Start menu and enter the regedit command in the Start Search Box.
- In the Programs list, select regedit.exe to open the Registry Editor window.
- If you get prompted then give the administrator password to continue or select Continue to confirm.
- In the registry editor window search for the following registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Policies\System
- If the ‘LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy’ entry is not in this registry key, then follow these steps to add it and set its value:
- Open the Edit menu and point to New and select the DWORD VALUE command.
- Type LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and then click OK.
- Right-click on the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy key that you have just added and select Modify.
- Type the number 1 in the Value Data box, click OK.
- Exit the Registry Editor window and restart your computer.
Step 2 – Synchronise Your PC Clock
This is a big problem because it means that if you’re trying to use your PC, with conflicting times, then it’s going to start running extremely slowly & with errors. To make sure this is not a problem, you should correct the time of your system using this site.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of System 5 errors is through the registry database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many System 5 errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable registry cleaner application.
This step is best completed by downloading our recommended repair tool, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.