The Sims 3 Late Night game is the latest in the long running and hugely successful Sims series, a virtual-life simulation game where you get to play god, controlling the lives of your ?Sims? and leading them to happiness or despair as is your want. Although it?s undoubtedly a fantastic game, one that can have people glued to their computer screens for hour after hour, it?s also rather vulnerable to a lot of problems. The game crashes. A lot.
Whether it happens during game play or as the game is loading, it can be very annoying and cause a lot of problems with your computer too. It can damage your computer?s memory, or slow down its processing speed, which means that everything on your computer is going to be affected sooner or later.
Why Does Sims 3 Late Night Crash?
Usually the main reason that Sims 3 crashes boils down to one of two things:
- Windows cannot read your files properly
- Windows files were damaged or corrupted during the installation of the game
But however nasty this might sound, there?s no need to despair! By following our tutorial steps, you?ll be able to overcome all of these problems quickly and easily.
How to Fix Sims 3 Late Night Crash
Step 1 ? Reinstall Sims 3 Late Night Crash
The problem could be due to the fact that game files are damaged in some way. Therefore, the first thing you should try is uninstalling the game and reinstalling it again. This will wipe out all of the old (corrupted) files and hopefully make everything run perfectly again.
- Click ?Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs?
- Locate ?Sims 3 Late Night?
- Click ?Remove Program?
- Follow the instructions to remove the program
- Restart Your computer
- Re-install the game from the disk.
Step 2 ? Update Windows to the Latest Version
Another major cause of errors with PC games is with errors in your Windows software itself. If your version of Windows is out of date, this can cause it to have problems with reading the information on certain games, especially newly released ones. Follow these steps to update Windows:
- Click ?Start > All Programs > Windows Update?
- Follow the simple directions onscreen
Step 3 ? Reload Sims 3 and Try This In-game Fix
One interesting fix can actually be found in the game itself. Many people are able to load the game up and get to the neighborhood map, but then find they can get no further than this before the game crashes. Try the following steps and you should then be able to play the game:
- Go to the new neighborhood and then enter ?Edit Town? mode.
- You will see an empty grey parking lot somewhere on the map. Bulldoze this parking lot.
- You should now be able to play the game, but if it still doesn?t work, bulldoze or move any ambition lots you see.
Step 4 ? Scan your Disk with a Windows Registry Cleaner
One of the most beneficial fixes you can try is scanning your registry with a cleaning tool. Registry Cleaners are programs that you can use to scan your computer, fixing any registry database errors as it goes. Many games feature dozens of registry settings in their programming, and if these become damaged or corrupted then it will cause crashes or possibly even worse.
- Download a recommended Registry cleaning tool
- Install the cleaner on your PC
- Run the Registry Cleaner
- Follow the onscreen instructions