The MSVCR80.dll file is used by the Windows C Runtime Library and it is an important set of files which contain information to help make sure that your computer can process the programs which it will be using to run. However although this file is being used constantly to help make your system run smoothly, it is sometimes leading your computer to have a number of errors. It is recommended that you fix this problem immediately and the following tutorial will show you how to fix these issues.
The error you will see will look something like this:
“This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application might fix the problem.”
What Causes The MSVCR80.dll Error
This particular kind of error would usually be caused by the following conditions:
- Registry keys have been damaged
- Windows settings have been changed
- Viruses have corrupt parts of your computer
How To Fix The MSVCR80.dll Error
Step 1 – Re-Install Any Software That Might Be Causing The Problem
It is recommended that you re-install any software that might be causing the problem immediately. In order to re-install software from your computer follow the instructions below:
- Click onto ?Start?
- Locate ?Control Panel? & click it
- Click onto ?Add / Remove Programs? (Win XP) or ?Uninstall A Program? (Win 7)
- Click onto the game that?s causing problems
- Click ?Remove?
- Follow the Uninstall Process
- Restart Your PC
- Re-Install The Program
Step 2 – Manually Replace The MSVCR80.dll File
Manually replacing the MSVCR80.dll file is probably be the best way to repair the error. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Download msvcr80.dll from the Internet
- Save the msvcr80.dll file onto your computer?s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current msvcr80.dll on your system
- Rename the current msvcr80.dll to msvcr80BACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new msvcr80.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search ?run? on Vista & Win7)
- Type ?cmd? in the box that appears
- Type ?regsvr32 msvcr80.dll? on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of msvcr80.dll errors is through the ?registry? database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it?s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many msvcr80.dll errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable ?registry cleaner? application.
This step is best completed by downloading Frontline Registry Cleaner, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.