The 0x81000019 error occurs whenever you would attempt to back up folders or files to an external hard drive or USB drive. This type of error typically happens almost exclusively in computers that run the Windows 7 Operating System.
What Causes Windows Error 0x81000019?
This error is normally caused by your computer?s failure to correctly copy backup folders or files to your USB drive or external hard drive. When your PC?s System Partition (whose size on average is around 10 MB) fails to properly process the Shadow Copy of your backup files, this error will surface as a result.
The 0x81000019 error would be normally shown in this format:
?A shadow copy could not be created. Please check ?VSS? and ?SPP? application event logs for more information. Details: the writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error is likely to occur.?
How To Fix Windows Error 0x81000019
Step 1 ? Make Sure You Have Enough System Partition Space
When confronted with this error, the first thing to do is check if you have enough partition space in your PC.
- Click on Start, then choose Computer, right click, then select Manage.
- Choose Storage then select Disk Management.
- Check to see if your System Reserved Partition is 100 MB.
- If this is the case, right click on the volume or size, then choose Properties.
- View and analyze free and used space.
For backups to be successful, you need to have at least 40 MB of space free in the partition. If your system has less than this amount of free space, you will need to apply the steps in part two.
Step 2 ? If The System Partition Cannot Be Extended
1. Choose an area or sector where you want to place your system volume. Below are some useful tips.
a. The primary partition of a MBR disk is the only sector where you could create a system volume.
b. You would not be able to use the BitLocker feature to encrypt volumes on your device if the boot volume and system volume are fused.
2. Consider using a new boot partition on the disk that has at least 490 MB of space (keep it less than 500 MB) to create a new volume (example F: )
3. In a command prompt that is elevated, run bcdboot.exe /s C:\Windows /s F:
4. In a command prompt that is elevated, run: DISKPART
5. In the command-prompt of the disk part do the following:
DISKPART> select volume F
Step 3 ? Clean Out The Registry
A major sector in your computer that is known to generate problematic errors such as Error 0x81000019 is the Windows registry storage house. This registry is a ?high traffic? region where Windows accesses the processing information it needs whenever it attempts to load a program or run an application. The registry?s main function however is the safekeeping of all of these processing files and settings that Windows uses. Its importance to your system cannot be downplayed, and neither can its health. If your registry is failing, then you will not be able to run many of the usual processes in your computer. Due some defects in its structural design, the registry is highly vulnerable to damage and breakdowns.
When such things happen, the speed of your computer will dramatically dip and programs will not be loaded correctly, resulting in costly errors such as Error 0x81000019. To fix your computer of registry related problems, you need to use a registry cleaner, which is a tool that is designed to scan and fix errors in this sector of your PC.