KDCom.dll is an important file that helps Microsoft Windows support a range of programs, applications and files within the system. While the file is an extremely important component of the operating system, it can also cause problems if it becomes faulty. It can produce lots of errors, including system crashes and Blue Screen problems. In some cases, errors will start popping out almost randomly while the user tries to accomplish something. When the file becomes problematic, it?s important to solve the issues causing it as soon as possible. The following discussion will provide an insight on how to solve this error.
What Causes KDCom.dll Errors?
The error usually occurs when the system cannot properly recognize, read or locate the file. Often, the main cause of this is due to corruption or damage inside the file. When the computer experiences this problem, the following error messages will show up on screen:
- File \i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded. The error code is 7. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.
- BLUE SCREEN ERROR ? KDCom.dll Not Found
In order to solve the problem, you have to identify the root causes of the error. Generally, troubleshooting measures include reinstallation of programs causing the problem and manual replacement of the damaged file. These methods are discussed in detail in the following steps.
How to Fix the KDCom.dll Error on Your PC
Step 1 ? Re-Install Any Programs Causing the Error
When the error occurs, the best way to solve it is to reinstall the programs that you identify as causing the problem. It?s easy to see which program trigger the issue because error messages will automatically appear once you try to use them. Reinstallation helps solve the problem because it can help overwrite any problematic components within the program that are contributing to the issue. Nonetheless, before a program can be reinstalled, it needs to be removed first. If there are multiple programs causing the problem then they have to be removed separately. To uninstall the programs, following these steps:
- Click ?Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs?
- Find the program causing the errors
- Choose ?Uninstall? or ?Remove? next to the program
- Follow the instructions provided
- Restart the computer
- Re-install the program using a zip file or corresponding CD
This should help prevent the error from occurring anymore. However, if the problem does not cease then it?s time to manually replace the file.
Step 2 ? Manually Replace the KDCom.dll File on your PC
Replacing the KDCom.dll file is the most effective way to ensure that it will no longer be causing problems. By replacing it, you are providing a corruption-free file for Windows to read. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download KDCom.dll file from the server
- Unzip the KDCom.dll file onto your computer?s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the current KDCom.dll on your system
- Rename the current KDCom.dll to KDComBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new KDCom.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or if using Vista or Win7, search ?run?)
- Type ?cmd? in the box that appears
- Type ?regsvr32 odbc32.dll? on the black screen
- Press Enter
Step 3 – Clean Out the Registry of Windows
Lastly, you must clean out the computer?s registry to make sure that there are no faulty components in the system. To do this, a registry cleaner application should be downloaded. Install the application and make sure to follow instructions. The registry is very important because it contains all component settings used in the system. It needs to be cleaned from time to time, otherwise errors will build up here.